Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blue Desk

I recently won an old secretary's desk in an online estate auction (see HERE) for $44! I thought it was a great bargain. And when Wes brought it home in the truck, I knew I had made a wise decision. I couldn't wait to rehab it. And last Saturday, I did. From start to finish. Here's what it looked like before I started:

I started off sanding the hell out of it on Saturday morning. Then, the entire thing (except for the inside- I'm going to finish the inside in a few weeks) got three coats of Clark & Kensington's Ode to Blue paint. That afternoon, the hardware was spray painted with Rustoleum's Hammered. And then it was done! We brought it in before dinner and placed it right in between our new living room chairs underneath a window.



Here's the money breakdown of this project:
  • Desk: $44 in an online estate auction
  • Paint (Clark & Kensington's "paint+primer" Ode to Blue): FREE (another can from Ace Harware's "free paint weekend")
  • Hardware (original hardware spray painted with Rustoleum's Hammered): FREE (I have a lot left over from my summer 2013 projects)
TOTAL: $44!
Since Saturday, I've played around with styling the top a bit. For now, I'm settled on two framed family photos and a white lamp.


No comments: