Friday, February 13, 2009

The Conversation that Changed Our Lives Forever

Ultrasound Tech (UT): "So, how are you feeling today?"

Me: "Good. But I'll be better when you tell me there's only one in there."

UT: (as she puts the ultrasound wand on my belly) "There's two. One, Two."

Me: "What? You're kidding. I was joking. You're joking too, right?"

UT: "You didn't know? You're having twins."

Me: "No! We didn't know! OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG! Are you serious?"

UT: "Yes, I'm serious. You're having two babies. You're going to have to control your breathing or you'll hyperventilate."

Me: (breathing in my nose and out of my mouth) "OMG."


Meanwhile, Wes has jumped out of his chair to see the screen more clearly. I looked at him, he looked at me. The moment was priceless.

1 comment:

Elizabeth and Mark said...

Hilarious! I can so imagine you doing this!