Thursday, December 10, 2009

The New Love of Her Life

Vivi has a new love. Don't worry, she and Patrick are still together. Their love continues to blossom right before our very eyes. We think its getting kind of serious.

But back to her NEW love. Vivian is in love with a rainforest jumperoo. She LOVES it!

Let me begin this story by stating that our Lafayette friends John and Rebecca are great people in our life. They are thoughtful, kind, and have been extremely generous since the twins were born, letting us borrow MANY things that their son Noah either grew out of or things that they decided they just didn't use enough. Over the last seven months, they have lent us countless baby items from baby monitors to an incredibly comfortable glider to an very useful bumbo seat to the most recent love of Vivian's life- a rainforest jumperoo.

Rebecca brought it over on Sunday night. Viv's eyes lit up. She plays in one of these at daycare and loves it, so we knew she'd love one here too. She played in it on Sunday night while Rebecca and Elizabeth babysat the twins for us (it was great- Wes and I went to a steakhouse and had a wonderful kid-free evening together). The next morning, I carried Viv downstairs with me while I got some cereal. Once we got down the steps, she began squirming. And reaching. I turned around, she turned around, and she reached towards the jumperoo! I think her exact words were, "Holy shit! I can't believe that glorious thing is still here! I thought it all was a dream!" I put her in it and she smiled. Then, she stayed in it, jumping and examining the little toys all around it for 45 minutes! This IS a glorious thing! Here's a video of Viv and the new love of her life...


Thanks Rebecca & John!

2 comments:

ashley.and.graham said...

yay! we just gave ours away a few months ago. i've been trying to remember when she stopped wanting to get in it so I could write you back, and now they bring you one before i can even respond to the e-mail :)! glad to hear you had a fun date-night. bet your babysitters had fun, too :)

Rebecca D. said...

Yes, Ashley, we had a wonderful time :) The twins are precious and Gavin slept on me for like an hour. It was seriously the highlight of my day. I am glad the rainforest jumparoo is being used by more cutie pies! That is wonderful. We love you, Rosiers!!!