Thursday, June 3, 2010

#31: move closer to family

Yep, you read correctly- I recently accepted an Assistant Professor position at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia! For all of our family and friends out east, that's only 2.5 hours from the DC area! Subsequently, we'll be spending the next 8 weeks trying to sell or rent out our house, packing, looking for a rental in Harrisonburg, preparing for the three new courses I will be teaching this fall, finding a job for Wes, finishing the data analysis portion of my dissertation, and securing some reliable child care. Oh yeah, Wes and I are also both working while taking care of Gav and Viv full time this summer. Needless to say, these next two months are going to be BUSY! Anyone who wants to come out to Indiana this summer to help us accomplish some of these goals is MORE THAN WELCOME! I'm totally serious.

Click HERE to read the rest of my 101 in 1001 list.

5 comments:

Rebecca D. said...

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. I am just thrilled for you. I almost fell over when I saw the news on Facebook. Congratulations to all of you, Jennie!

ashley.and.graham said...

OH MY GOSH!!! YIPPEE! CONGRATULATIONS! I expect a phone call sometime in your spare time (ha). So excited for y'all!

Maren said...

Congrats and good luck! (I don't envy your next few weeks!)

The Bluvas Blog said...

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Congratulations!!! They are so lucky to have you! Of course, I immediately google mapped it and it's only about 5 hours from Columbia. I'll take that!! Wish I could be there to help you this summer--we're almost done with our stressful move period. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Brenda