Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Story of Ralph

Some of you may have heard me or Wes call our baby "Ralph" in recent months. And, if you didn't get the back-story, you were probably a bit confused. Well, here it is:

My dad was always really bad at remembering people's names. He would always remember you, just not your name. When I was little and would have different friends over to the house, my dad could rarely remember their names. So, instead of saying "hey, what's-your-name," he would call everyone "Ralph," including me and my sister at times. Being little girls, we all thought that it was hysterical that he would call us by a boy name, and an ugly boy name at that (sorry to any of you out there named Ralph). This was such a frequent occurrence that anyone who grew up with us (like Rachel pictured with me and my sister below) likely remembers my dad yelling "hey Ralph!"
When Wes and I found out that we were going to have our own little one and then decided not to find out the sex of the baby, it only seemed natural to call him or her Ralph.

So, in case you were wondering, that's "The Story of Ralph."

No comments: