Saturday, May 22, 2010

There's a First For Everything

Over the last year, Gavin has peed on me many, many, many times. I've been peed on while changing his diaper, while giving him a bath, and while showering with him myself. But yesterday was a first.

Wes and I had just given the kids a bath. And, as usual, we took them from the bathroom to their nursery to dry off, get dressed in their pjs, and play for 10 minutes or so before bed. Wes had Vivi and I had Gavin. When we got into the nursery, Gavin was not interested in getting dressed. He crawled away from me the second we sat on the floor. So Wes and I both diapered and dressed Viv while Gavin walked and crawled around pulling things of the shelf and banging into everything in his destructive path. After a few minutes, Gavin decided to come back to us. He crawled over, stood up, and leaned against the dresser.

Then he peed. On all three of us. While standing up.

He was quite pleased with himself. Now that he can pee standing up, all we have to do is get him to aim into the toilet right? Isn't that the next step? Please say that's the next step.

No comments: