Friday, July 16, 2010

My Birthday Celebration

For the last week or so, people kept asking me, "What are you going to do for your birthday?" To which I responded, "Go to Monkey's Joe's!" Many of you then said, "Isn't it YOUR birthday? Why would you go there?" Well, I know it may sound weird to some, but I actually really love watching my kids have fun. And for my birthday, I wanted to do something that Gav & Viv had never done before. There's something amazing about watching a person (young or old) see something for the very first time. And with children, it's really easy to find these new and interesting things. So we went to Monkey Joe's.

But first, we went to CiCi's Pizza (which is right next door to Monkey Joe's). In my opinion, Cici's is the perfect place to take kiddos. It's loud, there's a lot going on, and maybe most importantly, you don't have to wait for your food.
They had a lot of fun watching everyone, eating rice cakes, and trying pizza for the first time!


Then it was time to head off to Monkey Joe's. When we first got there, both G & V were amazed by all of the colors, sounds, and of course, the other kids. There were only two areas that were for kids 3 and under, so we went there first. Luckily for us, the big 3 and under bouncy had a Sesame Street theme! Their eyes lit up when they saw the huge Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster. As usual, Gavin squirmed out of my arms to get a closer look. He immediately knew how to get inside the bouncy. He climbed right up and started exploring. Viv came in the bouncy in my arms and was a bit scared by the whole thing. But after about 20 minutes, she came around and started cautiously exploring on her own.




We were probably there for a little over an hour before both G & V started to get sleepy. That place was exhausting- for everyone! That night, the twins easily fell asleep around 7:00pm and didn't wake up until 7:30 am! We will DEFINITELY be going back to Monkey Joe's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more! To the best parents I have ever known, Jennie and Wesley! You have amazing kids and are doing a wonderful job. A great way to spend a birthday is to enjoy your two joys!
Grandmaw Linda