Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Closet Dresser

I have this tall skinny dresser that fits in my closet.

It was cream colored with gold hardware. And it was missing a knob on the top.

I've always wanted to paint it some wild and crazy color (you know, since it's in my closet and all). Well, thanks to one of those free cans of paint I got from Ace Hardware last Saturday, I did it. And now, I kinda heart bright teal, too.

Here it is in my closet. I just love the pop of color in my otherwise boring walk-in.

Not too shabby.
The Breakdown:

Dresser- FREE
(it was a hand-me-down from my mom)

Teal Paint- FREE
(with a coupon from Ace Hardware)

Spray Paint for hardware: $4 
(but I've also used the can to paint the hardware on 3 other furniture pieces as well)

TOTAL: Probably only $1
(for the already-used spray paint)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! I am searching for the same type of cabinet and want to paint it almost the same color!!! I had my eye on one that has since been sold so now I am on a mission!!! Love your redo!!!