Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fed Up

Every single time one (or both) of us leaves the house with the twins we are stopped by some random stranger with one of the following lines:
  • "Wow. You've got your hands full." (This one is the most popular.)
  • Some version of: "OMG! I have twins too!/ I know someone who has twins!/ I'm a twin!"
  • or "Two boys?" (because our car seats and stroller are blue- girls can have blue things too people!)
But our favorite, or should I say the most annoying, question is "are they twins?" C'mon people! Yes, they're twins! I didn't have two babies that are that close in age! They're both infants! I get it if people ask when they're older, but now? C'mon!

Even better is when we tell these strangers that we have one boy and one girl, they ask, "are they identical?" No! They're not identical! It's one BOY and one GIRL! That means that there were two separate eggs, not one that split into two. I mean, a few studies have shown that it's possible to have identical boy-girl twins, but it's extremely rare. So, yes, they're twins, and no, they're not identical.


Fed up,

Jennie and Wes

No comments: