Saturday, December 4, 2010

#55: finish collecting data for my dissertation

I was recently reading my 101 goals in 1001 days list and realized that I completely forgot to blog about this one. I've been done (!) collecting data for a while now. Forty couples completed my dissertation's sexual communication skill training program. Some couples finished in a timely manner (THANK YOU!!) and others took their sweet time finishing up (seriously, a few couples took 6 months to finish!). Regardless of how long it took (which was a really long time, by the way), I'm done collecting data. Now, I need to analyze the data, write up the results and discussion chapters, and then edit, format, and defend. It sounds like I'm in the home stretch, but it's still far from over. My current plan is to graduate in August 2011, but we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Ollie Mullins said...

Did you already defend your dissertation? From the sounds of it, you really had it organized. Well, it is really a good idea to organize the paper early on and plan ahead the master dissertation. That way, you can be certain that all of it would fall in the right place, and you can avoid mistake that can take up time fixing it. Anyway, I wish you good luck on your post-dissertation life.