Friday, December 20, 2013

They're Quirky

As I'm sure all kids are, our three kids are quirky, unique, and funny. And because I don't want to forget these funny little things that they do, here's a list.

1. Gavin copies the wordage that he hears from adults all of the time, even if he doesn't know the meaning or is incapable of using the phrase correctly. One of these phrases is "for some reason," which he got from Wes and adds to the end of most sentences. He'll say, "I need a snack, for some reason" or "That truck is my favorite, for some reason." A few other words and phrases he says a lot include, "what in the world," "actually," "this is interesting," "I just know it," "you do the same" (which he says whenever anyone tells him to have a good day), and "probably so."

2. After Vivian burps, she likes to say to us, "I bet you don't know what kind of burp that was." Then she proceeds to tell  us the "flavor" of the burp. She does this daily. 

3. Paxton still enjoys a good boob squeeze. If he's ever on my lap or in my arms or sleeping by my side, there's a 90% chance that his hand is down my shirt. The best part is that he also sticks his hand down Wes' shirt. He's even been caught shoving his hand down Vivi's shirt!

4. Next to Wes, Gavin is the thirstiest person I know. That kid will down a large glass of milk, juice, or water in about a minute. And then he'll claim he's still thirsty just a few moments later.

5. Miss Vivian has learned that people think her name is pretty. So in order to get that positive attention she wants, Vivian will say to strangers (think: cashiers at stores, anyone who compliments her about anything, etc.), "You don't know what my name is." They always reply, "What is it, sweetie/honey/cutie?" She says, "Vivian" or "Vivian Grace." And then she gets the "Oh, that's so beautiful!" response she desires (and expects). She's a total ham. 

6. Paxton likes stink bugs. He likes to find 'em, chase 'em, catch 'em, torture 'em, and eventually kill 'em. Gross. 

No comments: