Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Fall

Oh man. This one is tough. Last week, Vivian had her hands in her pockets and ran from her school to the van. Well you can guess what happened. CRACK. Wes said he heard her face hit the concrete and was worried she had broken her face. Poor Viv. Surprisingly, Wes said that she handled it really well. It's gotten significantly better in the days that followed the fall, but it still hurts pretty bad if anyone or anything touches it by accident. It happened on a Thursday and she went back to school on Friday. 

I had this conversation with her on Friday morning:

Me: "People are probably going to ask you what happened to your face. You can just say, 'I fell. It's not a big deal. It'll go away.'" 

Vivi: "I don't want to say that!" 

Me: "Oh, ok. What do you want to say?"

Vivi: "Get away from me!"

Me: "Well, that might not be very nice to say."

Vivi: "Okay. I'll say 'Don't touch my face!'"

This kid is tough.

No comments: