Thursday, September 10, 2009

Katelynn Kavanagh Bluvas


On September 3, 2009, our good friends Erin & Andy welcomed their first child into the world. Katelynn Kavanagh Bluvas was born at 6:48pm and weighed 6lbs 8oz. Erin and Andy have been our friends since 2004, when we moved to Alabama. I went to graduate school with Erin at Auburn University and we've been close ever since. They are a great couple and we know that they'll be great parents.

Whether her dad is teaching her how to build her very own Barbie robot or her mom is teaching her how to eat a well-balanced meal, Katelynn will learn many great things from her parents. By watching her parents interact with others, Katelynn will learn that being considerate of others' feelings is an important part of any relationship, that lovingly teasing your mate makes life fun, and that working hard can help you achieve your dreams. If Katelynn is anything like her mom, she'll be organized, a bit particular (love you Erin!), and extremely thoughtful. She'll also value her friendships and possess great initiative and drive. On the other hand, if Katelynn is anything like her dad, she'll be creative, easy-going, and dedicated to her hobbies, while also possessing great problem solving and critical thinking skills.

When I think of who Katelynn will be, I imagine her to be a well-rounded, outgoing little girl with good manners and a thirst for learning. I can't wait to watch her grow up into this little person who I know will be loved by many.

Congratulations Erin & Andy! Give Katelynn a kiss for us!

3 comments:

Rebecca D. said...

For some reason, this blog post has left me in tears. Maybe it's because it's so sweet and hopeful and maybe it's just because I'm a sap (and I'm away from Noah on a trip to Seattle right now!), but thanks for putting up such a good one today. I appreciate it and I really think this is one of my favorite blog posts ever.

The Bluvas Blog said...

Jennie Gill (Rosier)!! Andy and I were both so touched by this post!! I know I had tears in my eyes, and I think Andy dud too : ) I love you so so very very much!

Elyse said...

I almost cried reading that! It is so true. I love them :)