Monday, November 8, 2010

A Romantic Get-a-Way

On Saturday, November 6, my mom (GG) and her boyfriend Max drove down to Bridgewater to watch Viv and Gav for the night. Around 10:30am, Wes and I packed up the car and drove to Massanutten Resort (the largest resort in Virginia). (By the way, this was the FIRST time that Wes and I were both away from V & G overnight)

Lucky for us, the resort is only a 30 minute drive from our house. We started off our Saturday  (without kids!) by going on a zip line and canopy tour, which was incredible. The longest zip line was 300 feet and according to the guides, we were traveling approximately 25-30 miles per hour from canopy to canopy. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to bring our cameras. I know, I was sad too. I might have even cried a little bit.

After the zip lining tour, we went to the movies. Wes hadn't been to the movies since July 2009 and I hadn't been since February 2009. Those small people who live in our house put a bit of a damper on our old movie-watching hobby. We saw Due Date. Umm, it was insanely hilarious. We would definitely recommend it. After the movie, we went to Outback. Alone. And we ate dinner. By ourselves. Did I mention that we were alone? It was great.

On Saturday night, we slept ALL NIGHT LONG without any interruptions. It was glorious. We slept in Sunday morning and then went to breakfast before heading over to the horse stables, where we were scheduled to go horseback riding. Wes rode "Dozer" and I rode "Mister." We rode our horses on a guided trail for about an hour and a half. While we weren't allowed to bring our cameras for the ride, we did take some pics before and after.













It was a great weekend, but by Sunday afternoon, we really missed G & V and couldn't wait to get home!

1 comment:

The Bluvas Blog said...

How wonderful!! Andy and I went horseback riding on our honeymoon and it was so fun! I haven't been away from Kate yet either. Not sure when that will be... : ) Miss you!!