Monday, April 4, 2011

Defense Weekend


On Thursday, March 31,  flew out to Indiana to defend my dissertation on Friday morning. I met up with one of my favorite people in Lafayette, Elizabeth Williams, on Thursday night for dinner at The Patio at Bluefin Bistro, which I had never been to before and absolutely loved.

Then on Friday morning, I defended my dissertation. My committee consisted of Dr. Jim Tyler (my Major Professor), Dr. Erina MacGeorge, Dr. Steve Wilson, and Dr. Titilayo Okoror. We talked about my dissertation for about an hour and 45 minutes before I was asked to step out for a few minutes (standard protocol) and then invited back into the room as Dr. Jennifer Gill Rosier. It was an amazing experience.
(Jim and I directly following my defense)


Afterwards, I met Erina for lunch at Bistro 501, which I had also never been to and was also quite delicious. I had the salmon quiche- yum! Erina and I had a great time talking for three hours!

That night, I met a few more of my favorite people at Adelino's (again- I had never been and it was delicious). Heather Fedesco, Lisa Hanasono, Eileen Doherty, and Zeynep Tanes-Ehle met me at the restaurant and we ordered a bunch of tappas. 






Heather and I split a bottle of wine and were entered into a drawing for a 14-day trip to the Mediterranean. We asked if we could get two entries (since there was two of us), but the server said that there was only one entry per bottle. Below is Heather and I practicing our shocked faces for when we win. Finger's crossed!


On Saturday, I headed back to Virginia. It was an awesome couple of days.

2 comments:

JAM, EAM, SEM,EAM2,JAM2 said...

Congrats, Dr. Jennie! I am so proud of you. It was fun to see some familiar faces and it looks like you were well celebrated in WL! I look forward to properly celebrating when our paths cross!

The Bluvas Blog said...

Yay again!!! I decided to write another note to tell you how hot you look in that dissertation defense dress. yowsers!!