Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Donuts & Playtime

This past Sunday morning reminded me of my childhood. You see, when I was growing up, my dad worked every Monday through Saturday. So on Sunday mornings, my sister and I would wake up really early with my dad, go to 7-11, get donuts and chocolate or strawberry milk, and then we would either go to the park or go bowling (or both). We would also sometimes bring along a friend (like Rachel, Sarah, Kacie, and/or Sheryce). These Sunday mornings were very important to me (and my sister) growing up.

Well, this past Sunday, Wes and I took the kiddos out for donuts and playtime at the park. We were the only people there for about 40 minutes (which was also common when I was a kid). Gavin and Vivian had a ball running around and climbing the play equipment.

It was a great Sunday morning that I hope we can continue to experience for many years.

No comments: