Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shit, F%@&, Firelations!

On Wednesday, I left work at 4:15 to get Gavin and Vivian from school before heading over to Wes' work to pick him up. I went inside and did the usual- gathered their things, kissed their faces, and received a large amount of hugs. Then, we walked outside, one toddler holding each hand. I opened the car door, Gavin crawled inside and I strapped Vivi down in her carseat. Then, as usual, I threw my keys in the driver's seat, closed the back door and walked around to the other side so that I could put Gavin in his carseat. Directly after I closed the door, GAVIN PUSHED THE LOCK BUTTON! They were now LOCKED IN THE CAR! And, it was 90 degrees outside. Shit, f&%#, firelations! My cell phone was locked inside as well. So, I ran inside to use one of the teachers' phones. They informed me that this has happened before and that the fire department would come out and unlock my doors for free. YAY! We called the fire department and they arrived in minutes, unlocked the doors and all was okay in the world again. Gavin and Vivi were pretty sweaty, but they were okay. An ambulance even came and some EMTs checked them out. It was a lot of excitement and rather dramatic. But, so is the rest of our life... no biggie.

1 comment:

The Bluvas Blog said...

yikes! i'm so glad everything turned out okay!