Sunday, June 12, 2011

2nd Birthday Party

On Saturday, June 11, we held a rainbow-themed birthday party for Vivian and Gavin. It was awesome.


We had a candy bar.

Wes and I made 14 tissue paper balls and hung them 
from the ceiling in the kitchen and dining room.

We also had red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple food.

The deck was decked-out (ha!) with big and small bouncy 
balls of each color of the rainbow and balloons tied to the three posts.


I made a rainbow swirl cake and Aunt 
Rachel decorated it with fruit. Gorgeous!

I also made cupcake cones. They were a big hit!

We had a good turn out. Both GG (my mom) and Grandma (Wes' mom) came down. They were joined by Max (my mom's fiance), Grandpa (Wes' dad), and Uncle Philip (Wes' brother). Grandma Renee, Grandpa Dave, and Aunt Rachel (which was a HUGE surprise for us!) also made it down. Others in attendance included our friends: Aunt April, Aunt Steph and Uncle Tony, Aunt Brandy and Uncle Iad, and Carter.
(Yes, Gavin got a dust buster for his birthday. The boy is in love with vacuums. And we are in love with Grandma for getting it because our house has never been cleaner!)



Oh yeah, there was a little kissing going on as well.



As usual, it was an amazing day with some of our favorite people!
We can't wait until next year!

3 comments:

rebecca d said...

i love this!!! So perfect! let me know how they like the skuuts!

Maren said...

I love the rainbow theme - so cute! Isn't decorating for kid birthday parties so fun?

Also, the dust buster gift? Awesome. Have Gavin come clean my house any time. :)

Anonymous said...

I randomly ran across your blog. I am currently planning the first birthday of our boy/girl twins. We're having a rainbow themed party, too!