Thursday, April 26, 2012

34 Week Check Up

I went to the doctor this morning and here are the updates:
  • I'm still 1-2 centimeters dilated (same as 2 weeks ago)
  • I'm still 50% effaced (same as 2 weeks ago)
  • I'm going to take my muscle relaxer three times a day until the 36 week mark 
  • I'm going to take my daily hormones until the 36 week mark
  • I've been given the go-ahead to start moving around more over the next week
I'm also still having contractions on a daily basis (they're just not consistent). And in the last week or so, they have become stronger, a bit more painful, and larger (if that makes sense). But, my cervix has yet to be affected by them.

I'm going back to the doctor next Thursday for my 35 week appointment and the plan is to lift bed rest completely next weekend!

2 comments:

The Bluvas Blog said...

Glad things are going well! Hang in there, Jennie and Chocolate Marker!

Rebecca D. said...

We continue to think of you from afar and I am glad to hear that the baby isn't trying to come this week. Each week is huge step forward - good job Jennie. Give yourself a hug for getting through this all with a smile on your face. And send Wes a hug. I'm sure this is quite a crazy time for you all!