Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Toy Chest

The original toy chest that the twins had in their nursery in Lafayette and that got moved to the playroom in Virginia started to look a little jacked up in the last year or so. It started off with the paint being peeled off the top by a certain male twin. Then about 4 months ago, the lid snapped in half. Needless to say, it had seen better days. So, I decided to give it a really quick make over.

When I got home from work yesterday, I emptied it and put it in the back yard. I gave it a few coats of dark grey paint and put some yellow and blue flower vinyl decals on it (I had these left over from a previous project). I think it turned out kinda cute. Mind you, the circle paper that was decoupaged onto it previously for the twins' nursery is still completely visible (I just painted over the old design, so it's bumpy), but it's for a kids' playroom. It'll get ruined again in another year or so... if it even lasts that long.

No comments: