Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Coolest Nursery Art Around

Since I started "designing" Paxton's nursery, I've been on the lookout for owl-, woods-, or outdoor-themed artwork for the walls. Then, as Wes was cleaning out my dad's old toolbox (that my mom brought down after she moved), he found a sketchbook- that was dated November, 1960! He showed it to me and I quickly realized that it was a collection of my Great Aunt Virginia's (one of my fav relatives) old charcoal/chalk drawings. SO FREAKING COOL.

And luckily for us, most of the drawings were of outdoor scenes. I immediately fell IN LOVE with them. I picked up a few frames from Walmart, matted the artwork, and hung them on the walls in Paxton's nursery.

The room is a bit of an odd shape; it's like an uppercase "L." Here's a diagram (that's totally NOT to scale) of his nursery:
I choose 4 drawings to frame and hang on the wall. Two went on the wall in between the closet and one of the windows and two went on the wall on the opposite side of the room. I absolutely LOVE it!

Here are the two on the wall in between the closet and one of the windows:



And here are the other two:



The best part is that there are even more drawings for my mom and sister to hang in their homes. It's pretty awesome that we can all have a little piece of Aunt Virginia hanging on our walls.

Click HERE to read even more about his Woodsy Owl nursery transformation. 

No comments: