Sunday, August 26, 2012

His Owl Mobile




I'm calling the theme of Paxton's nursery "Colorful Mod Woodsy Owls" or "Colorful Owls in the Woods" or "Sticks and Owls and Some Other Shit" or something like that.  The main colors are shades of blue and teal with pops of green, orange, and brown. As I wrote the other day, I've gone a bit owl-crazy and the mobile was the first big thing to be completely done. 

I got the idea for this mobile from Pinterest. Someone had pinned a picture of a light gray and yellow nursery with a "sweet woodland" theme (see photo to the left) and they had a large stick hanging from the ceiling as the mobile (you can see the full article about that nursery HERE). I took this idea and modified it a bit for Paxton's nursery.

First, Gavin, Vivian, and I went searching for a big tree branch in the back yard. Then, we cut it off the tree and picked off all of the leaves. We let it dry out on the front porch for a day or two and then I spray painted it Ivory.

I searched and searched for little owls that would look cute to hang from the tree branch and finally found an Etsy store that I LOOOVED! Fong Studio makes these incredibly colorful, ridiculously adorable stuffed owls. I ordered six mini owls in 12 fabrics that I picked out.

When they arrived in the mail earlier this week, I was in love. And I couldn't wait any longer to put it all together. Wes and Gavin hung the tree branch (we have plaster walls from the 1930s that require a significant amount elbow grease to puncture). And then Vivian and I picked where each owl would hang.

(And in case you were wondering: why does Paxton's nursery looks a lot like G and V's bedroom? It's because it is G and V's bedroom. Or at least it WAS their bedroom. I switched the twins into the spare room- which was slated to be the nursery- and put Pax in the twins' old bedroom. More on that switch in another post.)
Pre-Owls
Post-Owls
Pre-Owls

Post-Owls




I just love the way it turned out!







Click HERE to read even more about his Woodsy Owl nursery transformation.

No comments: