Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Year of Dip

I have decided to make 2013 the Year of Dip. Each month, I plan to make a different dip for the whole year. That's 12 new dips, people. As you may or may not know, we absolutely LOVE dip in our house (see HERE and HERE). So when I was thinking of something new to make each month, it only seemed natural to choose dip.

We started 2013 off with a bang! January is the month of Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt dip. Last week, I bought enough PB and yogurt to make a lot of dip. I mixed it all up, put some in little bowls for each of us that night (it was actually during our Family Game Night) and then distributed the rest into little 4-ounce mason jars for the fridge and freezer. It made 4 little bowls for game night and then 8 4oz jars for later. And let me tell you, it is SO GOOD! We've been eating it all week. The twins even took a jar to school yesterday with some animal crackers for dipping. I'm pretty sure they were the cool kids at lunch. Just sayin'.

Apples, celery, carrots, graham crackers, and animal crackers all taste excellent in the dip.
Here's the recipe:
  • 1 1/2 cups of plain Greek yogurt (although I switched out about a half a cup worth of the plain for vanilla in the second batch)
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • several dashes of cinnamon
  • raisins (totally optional)

Mix all ingredients, refrigerate for 10 minutes, & EAT! You can also freeze some of it for later.

No comments: