Saturday, January 19, 2013

When Daddy is Away...

... we go to the Children's Museum and Chick Fil-A. A few Friday ago, Wes went out of town for the entire day to go his grandfather's funeral. So it was just me and three kiddos. The twins went to school until noon (like they do 4 days a week) and Pax and I lounged at home. I picked up the twins and everyone took a nap.

Then the fun began. We started at the Children's Museum downtown. They just love this place. And so do I.


Gavin highly enjoyed picking vegetables from the farm, putting them in his wheel-barrel and taking them to the farmer's market. He must have done this 700 times. 

Everyone (but especially Viv) loved the play kitchen and laundry room.

As usual, the auto shop was a hit!








After about an hour and a half, we packed up our stuff and headed to Chick Fil-A for dinner. Pax sat in a high chair pulled up to the table and enjoyed some applesauce while the rest of us shared an order to waffle fries and chicken nuggets. (Funny side note: As you may or may not know, I call Paxton "Nugget." Well, based on the faces of the people around us, I think people thought I was talking in a baby voice to my food. Hilarious.)

Shockingly, it was a great night out with the kids. No tantrums, fighting, or meltdowns. I'm not really sure how we avoided it all, and I'm not complaining- it was great!

No comments: