Friday, January 4, 2013

Nursing Update


Since I didn't mention it in Paxton's seven month photo shoot post, I thought I'd write about it now. The update is that I'm still nursing. I'm not exclusively nursing (he has had formula and he regularly eats baby food now), but most of his nutritional intake comes from me. 


At about six months and one week of age, Paxton had his first bottle of formula. Since I'm still experiencing the lipase problem, it's been very difficult to pump enough milk for him when I go to work. Up to that point (when he had formula), it had been working out. But that day, it wasn't. So Wes gave him a bottle of formula while I was at work. Since then (the last 4-5 weeks), Paxton has probably had about 6 or 7 bottles of formula for one reason or another.

So yes, I'm still nursing; just not exclusively. He's eating some baby food and getting some formula from time to time. What's the plan? I'll nurse him as long as he wants to, but probably not far past 12 months. We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments: