Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lake Anna ~ Saturday & Sunday

Saturday and Sunday were our last two days at the lake.

Day Seven: Saturday
We started off Saturday a big breakfast in an effort to try and eat the rest of the breakfast food from the week.

Then we took a trip to a Farmer's Market in a town nearby.

After the Farmer's Market, we went to the state park beach for the last time.



Then we went home, ate some food, and tried to wrangle the kids for a family photo shoot in the backyard.


We swam for the rest of the afternoon.





Jumping off the end of the dock was a big hit on Saturday evening.



















It was a great last swim.


Day Eight: Sunday
Sunday (our last day at the lake) was my 31st birthday. I told the kiddos that all I wanted for my birthday was a few cute photos with them down by the water. It was like I had asked them to cut their arms off and throw them into the water. Somehow, we got a few acceptable ones.

We spent the entire morning packing the car (we had to be out by 10am). Wes and the kids made me brownies the day before and on my birthday morning, they put a sparkler on one and sang "Happy Birthday" to me in the driveway right as we were about to pile in and drive back to Harrisonburg. It was the perfect birthday morning with my favorite people on the planet.

No comments: