Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nine Years

(circa 2000)

Nine years ago, I was just out of high school and Wes was working as an auto mechanic. Nine years ago, we were both living in our parents' basements. Nine years ago, Wes was driving his 1967 Impala (which is currently in our garage) and I was driving a 1989 Blazer. Nine years ago, we both had longer hair. Nine years ago, Wes loved to work on his car in front of his house with friends and I loved to go shopping with my best girlfriends at the mall. Nine years ago, I did not have my nose pierced and Wes did not have a goatee. Nine years ago, we weren't parents. Nine years ago, we were friends, but not dating.

Nine years ago today, a spark was found between the two of us. Little did I know that nine years ago today, I began dating my future husband and the future father of my children. Nine years ago today, I made a best friend for life.


*********
Dear Wes,

A lot has changed in the last nine years and I'm so happy that I was able to go through it all with you. I can't wait to see what the next nine years bring. I love you! Happy (dating) Anniversary!

Love Always & Forever,
Jennie

No comments: