Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sleep

Sleep is something we all need around here. Unfortunately, we all aren't getting enough of it. And, by "we" I mean "me and Wes." 

So, what are we doing about it? Adapting.

I used to say that I couldn't function with less than 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Well, I was wrong. I can function. I may not be functioning to the best of my ability, but I'm functioning just fine. It's amazing how your body readjusts. For the last two weeks or so, Wes and I have been gradually readjusting to about 5 hours of interrupted sleep each night. And it's actually not terrible. I mean, don't get me wrong, it seriously sucks to wake up at 3am and stay up for an hour before drifting back off to sleep. We hate it. A lot. But, the next day, we're not as tired as we were during the first couple of days that we had them home. We're adjusting.

I will say that even though we seem to be adapting just fine, we still desperately look forward to the night where we get 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep!

No comments: