Saturday, March 5, 2011

#29: finish my dissertation

Well, I may have some minor changes to make in April, but for now, my dissertation has been submitted to my committee (!) and its being read by them over the next 4 weeks or so. What next? I will go out to Indiana to defend my dissertation in front of my 4-person committee and they will make suggestions (or require that certain things be changed), I'll make the changes, and then I submit my final version to the Graduate School at Purdue. Then, I'll really be done. But in my head, I'm done. The hard part is definitely over.

8 comments:

Elizabeth and Mark said...

YAHOO!!! CONGRATS!!!

Steph said...

We are all soooooo proud and happy for you!! xoxo

ashley.and.graham said...

woo hoooooooo!! Amazing news! Congrats!

Maren said...

Congratulations! It must feel great to have that finished. :)

Brenda Berkelaar said...

Weehaw! The hard part *is* over! When is your defense date?

Jennie said...

i'm waiting on my outside committee member to respond to the TWO emails i sent her about scheduling something. probably april 1.

The Bluvas Blog said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!!! I can't believe everything you accomplish! So inspiring and well deserved! Congrats, Jennie!!!

Dana Forsythe said...

So, what happened to your dissertation? Have you already successfully defended it? Well, it is really a good idea to get some fresh air after writing your dissertation for a long time. All the stress can take toll on your body and mind, so a break can help make your body cycle get back to its normal pace. Anyway, how’s it doing?