Sunday, September 4, 2011

#70: get dental work done

Oh yeah, you read that right. I did it.

I've had pretty jacked-up teeth for about a decade and a half (well, I've never really had great teeth, but they got really bad about 10-15 years ago). And a couple of years ago, I wanted to figure out how much it would cost to get a total mouth restoration. 

Shit. It was expensive. Really expensive. So, we waited. A couple of years. And then, last week, I did it.

I drove out to Indiana (for several reasons, but mainly because I only really trusted my dentist out there) and I got a ton of shit done. And when I say a "ton of shit," I mean a ton of shit. Among other things, I had 4 root canals, 10 fillings, and 4 CEREC crowns put in. In one day. For 8 hours straight. It was intense. But it got done and now I love my teeth!

To be frank, I'm actually quite embarrassed about the before shot, but I figured that you wouldn't be able to really get the full effect without it. So I pushed my embarrassment to the side. Here you go...


I absolutely LOVE them! I also got a serious teeth-whitening system to make them even whiter. I've waited a long time for this and I couldn't be happier!! And, they look even better in person!

Here's a picture I took with the photobooth app on my Mac the day after the procedure.
I was gone for 4 days and spent several thousand dollars, but it was totally worth it!

No comments: