Monday, June 4, 2012

He's a Nurser

Unlike his two older siblings, Paxton is a nurser. He has nursed well from about an hour or so after my c-section. It's incredible and totally foreign to me. Gavin and Vivian had a very difficult time nursing (you know, the fact that they were so early and twins complicated things a bit). I ended up pumping and feeding them through bottles for two months (which drove me f-ing insane, by the way). But thankfully, I have yet to have any "real" trouble with this little guy (he is a little picky, but I'm afraid writing about it is a little TMI). At two weeks old (tonight at 11:56pm), he has not had a bottle (we plan to slowly introduce them in the next few days). I have been able to exclusively nurse him and pump once a day to freeze milk for when bottles begin to make an appearance. Overall, this whole nursing thing is going well!

No comments: