Monday, May 23, 2011

Big Kid Room

The day after their second birthday (May 10), Gavin and Vivian moved up to the Big Kid Room at daycare. They were very excited to be dropped off in this room. After I dropped them off, I left to go get them lunch (because I left their lunch on the counter at home- of course!). When I returned, I brought in the camera to try and get a few shots of them being big kids. For the most part, they seemed to be doing okay. Because of where I was standing, I could see Vivian really well, but in order to see Gavin, I had to come into the room pretty far and I wanted to avoid doing that. Vivian was sitting there calmly and even put her head down when instructed. Although I couldn't really see Gavin, I could hear the teachers talking to him: "Gavin, please sit back down." Not surprising.
The best part though was when I decided to video them. Like I said, I couldn't really get Gav because then I would have been seen. So, I just stuck my camera in and captured Vivi. While I was video-ing Viv, I heard Gavin say "VIVI!", she looked at him, and then as if he was already pointing at me, she looked directly at me! I love how they communicate with each other. They're such big kids.

No comments: