Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation Weekend (Part Two)- #56: walk across the stage at graduation

After a long drive the day before, the next morning was graduation (and yes, I stole the first 2 of these photos from the graduation website).
The ceremony was nice. A little too stuffy for me, but nice. And I walked across that stage (check!). My mom, Wes and the kiddos, Renee, and Sarah all came to show their support in the audience. Erina hooded me during the ceremony and Facebooked the status. We all went to lunch afterwards, but not before we got a few shots in front of the Beering Hall fountain.

My fav shot of the day:
Like I said, we went out to eat afterwards (at Main Street Wine and Cheese) and then headed over to K. Dee's Coffee for some caffiene and sweets. Gavin slept in my arms most of the time and Vivian highly enjoyed being the center of attention.

 
We then went back to the hotel for a nap (well, Vivi didn't make it all the way to the hotel) before going to Columbian Park (we really wanted to go to the zoo, but I had no idea that they closed at 4:30!!).

 Gavin was totally fine going up and down the slide on his own (no surprise here- the slide was small and it was Gavin).

But Viv wasn't so sure. She would go up and say that she was going to go down (she would say "Yep" when I would ask her), but then something always stopped her from making the plunge alone. She only went down one time (when I was at the bottom telling her that I would catch her.


A trip to Chick Fila for dinner, playtime in their playplace (see video above), and back to the hotel for another hellish bedtime "routine" (which, by the way, is not possible when you're in a hotel with two toddlers who are excited to be with people--GG and Aunt Sarah-- who they are not with on a daily basis) was how we spent the rest of our evening. A quick drive around the neighborhood finally put Gavin to sleep and a video helped little Viv nod off. That night was horrific. Vivian had one stomach pain screaming episode for 2.5 hours and then a night terror attack later on that lasted about 45 minutes! When Vivian finally went back to sleep for the last time (around 5am), Gavin was waking up for the day. No one in the room was a happy camper. I quickly took Gavin downstairs to get food at the breakfast buffet so that everyone else could sleep a little bit and so I could get some much needed caffiene (do you see a trend here?).

Part three is on it's way...


No comments: