Sunday, January 15, 2012

How We Told Our Family


I keep forgetting to write about this. Back in October (here's part one and here's part two of that visit), Wes' parents and brother, my sister and then boyfriend (now fiance!), and my mom traveled down to Harrisonburg for a some October fun.

Well, one of the things that I failed to mention to our blog readers was that we also revealed our pregnancy to our families that weekend. And this is how we did it...

My colleague from work (Alison) and her boyfriend came over "by surprise" just to "hang out." You see, I had told Alison about the pregnancy a week or so earlier. Before she left, I asked her if she could take a photo of the whole family out front. She "agreed" and we all went outside. The plan was for Alison to tell us to "say cheese" and take the initial photo. Then, I was going to say that I was blinking and to take another. This time, Alison said, "Say Jennie and Wes are having another baby!" And then she took sequential photos of everyone's reactions. It worked out perfectly!

The first photo (above) is the original picture (pre baby announcement), and the photos below are what happened after the announcement. If you look carefully at the first few pics, you can tell that no one believed us (everyone just thinks that Alison is being funny) until I turned around and said, "For real- we're having a baby!"


Good times!

1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

those are great! you really look like miss viv (or should I say she looks like you?) in some of those last ones