Friday, May 4, 2012

A Thursday Adventure

I started having regular contractions (again) on Thursday evening. They started out exactly 18 minutes apart. Then they became 10 minutes apart and then 7 minutes and then 5 minutes. After about an hour of 5-minute-apart contractions, I called my doctor. She said to come to the hospital (again). So my friend, Alison, came over to watch Gavin and Vivian (Thank you!).

We arrived and my cervix was 4cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was given a shot of brethine (to stop contractions) and then I was hooked up to the monitors. A few hours later I was still 4cm dilated, but the contractions were picking up again. An IV was started to hydrate me and a few hours after that, I was still 4cm dilated.

At this point, it was 1:30am. I was told that I could stay overnight for observation or head home. Since it was so late already, I decided to stay. Wes went home to wake up with the kiddos in the morning and I stayed hooked up to the IV fluids overnight.

I woke up early this morning and was placed back on the monitors. After eating breakfast, my cervix was checked again and I was still 4cm dilated. So, I was sent home (still having contractions).

And that was our Thursday adventure.

1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

oh my!!! I really don't think it's going to be long. My guess on the post the other day was going to be May 11 but now I'm thinking Mon or Tues --- hmmmmm, Monday, May 7 - that's my guess.