Monday, September 17, 2012

$24.99! Are you outta your mind?

Don't get the reference? That's unfortunate.

(It's from an old Denny's commercial)

I've been on a hunt for the perfect couch for Paxton's bedroom. Why a couch? Well, since we live far away from most of our family and friends, people usually spend the night whenever they come to visit. We have a guest bedroom, but many times, one room just isn't enough. So getting a couch or futon for Paxton's room seemed like the natural choice to make. 

So I searched and searched and searched. I was trying to spend less than $250 and a used couch was perfectly fine by me. I was wavering between couches and futons that looked like this:
(from Target for $229)

or this:
(from Target for $199)

Then about 2 weeks ago, Wes and I were at Walmart with all three kiddos to pick up a few things. As we were heading to the check out, there was a black, faux leather, small futon (with cup holders!) put together and on display in the middle of the front aisle. It caught our attention (well, it caught everyone's attention because it was in the middle of the walkway). And it had the word "SALE" written in huge red letters on a piece of paper taped to the front, which almost always catches my attention. As we got closer, I couldn't believe my eyes. The sign said, "Originally $159.99 - Take this one home today for $25!" What the hell! It wasn't the nicest couch and it definitely didn't compare to the couches I had been looking at, but it was only $25! Who gives a shit, right? We bought it. The kids love it; it's kind of kid-sized. And they love the cup holders.

Pax likes it, too.

No comments: