Thursday, September 13, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things

"Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels. Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles."

Okay, back to reality. Gosh, I love that movie.

Paxton's nursery is almost complete and it is turning out to be my favorite room in the entire house. Hell, it might be one of my favorite rooms in any of the homes we've shared together (our living room in Indiana and the twins' nursery in Indiana are also in the running for that title). Before I do a post with the complete nursery reveal, I thought I'd document some of the little goodies I've bought or made for the room. 


So with further ado, here are a few of my fav-o-rite things...


1. I found this adorable "P is for Paxton" personalizable (I know it's not a real word) printable online.  It's light blue and dark blue and it was FREE! All you have to do is put in the letter and name that you want, pick two colors, and download. I printed it on 110lb card stock and put it in a wooden 5x7 frame I found at T.J. Maxx for $3. You can make your own initial art HERE.

2. This adorbs owl print was found at this Etsy shop several months back. It was one of the first things I bought for Paxton's room; before I had even decided to go all-out decorating his nursery. I figured I would just hang it above his crib and be done with it all (Ha!). It was a bit pricey, but I love it. You can see all of her adorably adorable things in her Etsy shop HERE.



3. I really love this tall, glass vase with black trees and little birdies on it. I found it in the Halloween section at T.J Maxx for 10 bucks (!) and knew I had to have it. I'm thinking of filling it with colorful potpourri or a large candle or sand or baby socks or something. You'll just have to wait and see.
4. This tree is one of my favorites because of the materials used. It's a metal army green tree that is up against a light tan burlap background. The matte is the same metal army green and the frame is wood. Also, there's about a quarter inch gap between the burlap backing and the metal tree (the tree is raised). It's so cool. And I got it on clearance at Target for $11 (original price = $22!).

5. I made a collage of pictures (using Picasa) from Paxton's 11.5 week photo shoot during our vacation this summer. Then I waited for EasyCanvasPrints.com (where we got our Instagram collage canvas made) to have a sale (never pay full price here- they always have incredible sales). The following week, I got an email for a 18x24 canvas for only $35 including shipping! We had paid $40 for the 16x20 collage just a couple of weeks before. So I knew I had to jump on it. We just love the way it turned out.

6. This artwork came from Ross. I originally bought it for and hung it in our living room (it's supposed to have a portrait orientation instead of landscape). I ab-so-freakin'-lutely LOVE this piece. And when I decided to make Paxton a woodsy owl nursery, I realized that this large painting not only needed to go upstairs, but that it also needed to be turned sideways. It adds so much bright color to the room. Love it.

7. The seventh thing I love in his nursery is Paxton's dresser. I think it looks so cute. A little paint and a vinyl decal can really do wonders for a tired old dresser. You can read the full post about his dresser transformation HERE.

8. The owl mobile. Oh my. I really love this project. I spray painted a large stick from outside, hung it from the ceiling, and attached 6 fabric owls to it that I bought from this store on Etsy. You can read the full post about the owl mobile HERE.


9. This large white porcelain owl was also one of the first things I bought and has remained one of my favorite things in the room. I found it at Ross for $10. I love that it's so big and monochromatic.
Clearly, these are not the only things I love about Paxton's new nursery, but they're definitely near the top of the list. Stay tuned for a few more posts about certain parts of the room and then the full reveal in the next couple weeks...

Click HERE to read even more about his Woodsy Owl nursery transformation. 

No comments: