Monday, September 24, 2012

The Twins' Gallery Wall


As Paxton's nursery got more and more adorable, I began to feel guilty that Gavin and Vivian's current bedroom was lacking, well, everything. When we switched rooms (G & V were sleeping in the bigger of the two rooms up until 7 or 8 weeks ago when I decided that Paxton should have their bedroom), Gavin and Vivian's new bedroom had nothing on the walls, had two twin mattresses on a rug on the floor, and a dresser with a ton of books on it in the corner. It was very plain. 

So I started looking for ideas to spruce up their bedroom a little. One of the projects I came across on Pinterest caught my eye immediately.

Supplies:
  • Spray adhesive (free for me because Wes had some, but usually less than $4 at the store)
  • Printables from the Internet (you can find free ones, which is what I did, or buy some from Etsy or somewhere else)
  • 100lb+ card stock paper (less than $4 at Walmart)
  • A set of canvases (I got a pack of 10 for $17.97 at Walmart)
Total Cost: $22!


Step One: Find a bunch of free printables online and print them on at least 100lb card stock paper.






Step Two: Cut printables to size (leaving a very small gap around the edge of the canvas) and spray the back of the printable.
Step Three: Spray the back of the canvas.



Step Four: Adhere the printable to the canvas and press down.

Step Five: Hang on wall (I used Command Wall Strips- they make everything so easy!)

Voila! Not bad for $22!

No comments: